Back in 2015, a friend and fellow blogger Olo, did a 40-day challenge. I wanted so bad to do one but I think I had a few issues back then. I didn’t have a good phone, I was too lazy to stay in a cyber cafe and schedule 41 posts and I wanted it to end on my birthday. Plus the fact that I was a little bit lazy.
But next week, we start! Another reason why I didn’t write it then was because, I truly didn’t know the answer to some of the questions. It took me about 3 months to go through the questions, think about them and actually discover myself. I was shocked at some things I found out.
What is this about? So I’m going to publish a post everyday for 40 days. It’s a megalomaniac challenge in a way because all I would be writing is stuff about me. Those of you that want to find out/know more of me, this is a good place to start. 40 days and 40 new things to find out about me. Not just for you but for me too and here is why:
Some of the posts required me to dig deep, play the devil’s advocate on some of my thoughts and beliefs. They forced me to actually find out what Chioma really is like.
So for 40 days (from October 10 – November 20), I will be answering some questions about me and sharing my thoughts. It might look like a little bit too-much-me but I hope the questions provoke your thoughts and push you to some self-discovery of your own.
Here are the topics for the next 40 days!
- Discuss a dark/turbulent moment in your life.
- Discuss some of the things on your bucket list.
- 15 facts about you.
- The meaning of your blog name.
- Something you hope to change about yourself and why.
- Your favorite musician and why.
- Your dream wedding.
- Something you’re looking forward to this year and something you regret not having done last year.
- Your addiction.
- Something about which people seemed to compliment you.
- Something at which you’ve been a champion or the best.
- Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy.
- What was your biggest dream in life (you wanted to do as a kid but no longer can).
- You current relationship; if single discuss being single.
- Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
- Top 5 pet peeves.
- Your views on religion.
- Your favorite comfort food and why.
- Your zodiac sign and if you think if it fits your personality.
- A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
- Your guilty pleasure (or pleasures!).
- Put your iPod on shuffle and write the first ten songs that pop up.
- Bullet your whole day.
- Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected.
- How do you handle/ deal with success and failure.
- Your favorite movie.
- What is your biggest dream in life? What one great thing do you wish to accomplish.
- Something you could never get tired of doing.
- If you had $1,000,000 to spend, how would you spend it?
- Something you miss.
- Somewhere you’d love to move to or visit.
- Your highs and lows of this past year.
- A book you read over and over again and never got sick of.
- How important do you think education is?
- One of your favorite TV shows.
- How have you changed in the past two years.
- A problem you have had in the past.
- Your earliest memory.
- A photograph of yourself today + three good things that have happened to you in the past 40 days.
- Epilogue: write a letter to yourself.
Phew! that’s a lot! But by God’s grace, we will get it done.
Thanks y’all for following me so far. I’m humbled and grateful. Thank you.