Good morning lovelies… I’m so grateful to God to be awake this morning. I have had the greatest so-so six months ever and today is the last of it. I’ve had the past few weeks very tough and my grandma’s burial was yesterday. So it’s kinda blue for me.
But, some people know how to throw all shades of yellow on your blue! In the past six months, I have met new people, gotten closer to some friends, learnt a lot and finally my externship is almost at its end. I round up in 4 days.
In appreciation, I just want to thank some very special people who have made me happy. They have put smiles on my face and have opened my mind to some new possibilities this last six months and I’m grateful. I’ve never met some of them 🙈 but it doesn’t matter.
- First, my sister, Ada. Well, she has always been there but I think this is the first time I’m officially and publicly saying thanks for always being there. I finish all my airtime gisting with her and she has been the best frenemy anyone can have. 😁
- Ugochukwu Okoronkwo aka Porpo. This is a concrete member of the sunshine zone. Actually, he was the one that made me come up with it. He has always been on my team from the first day and he always is a ray of sunshine. He encourages me all the time and I’m so grateful that he allows me to disturb him so much. The fact that he was the only one I could think of calling when Argentina lost to Croatia, Res Ipsa Loquitor.
- Stephanie from Ragazza Triste. She commented on a post of mine some weeks ago and with that opened up the WordPress Community to me. That day, I kinda realized that there was a real life community I could be part of on WordPress and I can’t begin to say how much that has impacted my blogging. I’m not yet ‘the blogger’ but I’m not where I used to be and it all started with that first comment from her.
- Rachel. Author and roommate extraordinaire. My post on presentation sickness was inspired by her and her writing gives me inspiration everytime. We’ve been away from each other throughout externship and I can’t wait for school to resume so that I can start looking for her trouble again. Her book, Memory and Other Shards, is available on Amazon (for USA, UK, Germany, France and Canada) and Okada books.
- Emmanuel. President of CLASFON Law School Bwari. Encourager extraordinaire. I’m so grateful for this man of God, I can’t begin to say how much. During the past six months, we have become better friends. There is no such thing as sadness around him and even his mischievous side makes you smile.
- Brenda from Becoming His Tapestry. Brenda is a Christian blogger and in the past six months since I got serious with this blog, her posts have been pure blessing. Everytime I see something that makes me check myself again. People like her have encouraged me so much and I am most grateful for the lessons I get from her blog.
- Tobz. I don’t even know why you are on this list 😝 but I smile everytime I chat with you and it’s genuine. That counts for something and thanks for all the ‘breaks’ you’ve given me.
- Jesudunmo from Musings of Bimidiah. I just started officially following her blog recently but I have been a low-key follower since she started in 2016. She is hilarious and fun to read. Her whatsapp statuses make me smile and she reminds me so much of my youngest sister. Hardworking events planner and manager. Check her out on Instagram and Facebook.
- Adesua Etomi. No she doesn’t know me and I do not ‘know’ her. However, I have literally never looked at a picture on her instagram and not smiled. Never. So I go to instagram, find her and I’m like, smile, like, giggle, laugh, lol, Awwww, smile again, like and like again. Then like some more. I do not need to know you before I place you in my sunshine zone.
- Finally, all my peeps from Court Attachment. Thanks for a great experience, love y’all!
I think I should stop for now. But there is an 11th person. And that is you. For something that started as a joke and a way to avoid boredom, all my dedicated readers and followers give me so much yellow! Thanks y’all for every click on this blog. Every comment and like. Every referral. Every 😍😀🤗😎👌🙌👊👍and all the other encouraging emojis that make me go 😫. I love y’all so much.
As you can see, not everybody on that list is close to me. Some are family, others friends and others just people that do things that make me smile. And whether I know them or not, I keep those in my sunshine zone very close. I don’t joke with my smiles.
By August, I would be done with my exams and Law school 😭😭😭😭. By then I would be doing a full scale Sunshine Zone series with law school peeps. The Blogging Sunshine Series would be coming at the end of the year, just to thank all the bloggers who have blessed me in some way in the past year.
July here we come!
Ciao, Clandie Chi.