Hello everyone, how are you doing? It’s just Monday but I do not feel my week already! And I need to do some seeeerious deep conditioning for my wonderful hair and I am broke! 😫
So this got me thinking. I know I’m not the only one who wants to take care of the tresses and not rob a bank to do it. I may be a product junkie but I can’t spend all my money on Cantu this or Organic that so we got to find some other options. And I did!
Over the last year, I convinced my sisters to go natural and praise God! Now we can look for stuff to put in our hair together.
See their hair? Yeah, nobody got no money for expensive products and we are not the only ones I’m sure, so today I share
my our top substitutes for good, creamy, expensive conditioners!
- Mayonnaise. I mean the food kind that you put on your Cole slaw or salad. That type! Bama has been wonderful to me. Does the same work as your hair mayonnaise and it’s cheaper because it can do your hair or do your stomach. Anyway you want it!
- Avocado pears. I do not like this fruit but my hair does. It has some natural oils that can give your hair some good old loving! Mash it up, make a puree and feed your locks. You can mix it up with some other oils or or do the cado-honey mix. Also great for the skin. Don’t think of my face. It has a mind of its own.
- Banana. Same as the pear above, a banana puree would love your hair and be loved by your hair. If like me, you love the banana smell, double joy for you. You can use it alone or with honey or other conditioning somethings.
- Yoghurt. The fermented stuff does wonders. It boosts your hair proteins, moisturizes it up and just makes your hair stronger. Get you some yoghurt. Should be unsweetened and non-flavoured. You can even make it yourself. I think I’ll put up a post on that one sometime soon.
- Coconut oil and Honey. My personal favourite. I use this all the time. Wonderful for prepoos and co-washes. It works well and it is not so expensive in the sense that even if a 75cl bottle of coconut oil is
N1500, and honey is about the same price, it will last way longer than your N3000 conditioner! I said so!
I have tried all these out and I am a believer. Save your money and allow some bananas to fall on you. Or yoghurt.🤐😜
Ciao, Clandie Chi.